The San Onofre nuclear power plant is on the Huntington Beach City Council agenda for Monday, November 5, 2012. The meeting begins at 6 p.m. San Onofre is Item #23 on the agenda addendum. Public comments are at the beginning of the meeting.
Council member Connie Boardman is recommending the City Council draft a resolution similar to that of Laguna Beach.Location Huntington Beach City Council Chambers 2000 Main Street Huntington Beach, CA 92648 .
Please attend to show your support. It is not necessary to speak. The larger the crowd, the more effective we can be.
Public Comments: The public comments portion of the meeting is at the beginning of the meeting. During Public Comments anyone may address the City Council on any issue for a maximum of three minutes. If you are planning to speak, please arrive early and fill out a speaker card. If you have a Power Point presentation, bring the file on your thumb drive.
City Council Meetings: The City Council meets the first and third Monday of each month. The televised portion of the City Council meeting starts at approximately 6 P.M. and can be viewed on cable television on channel 3. Council meetings are webcast live and also archived on the city’s website. The City Council meetings are rebroadcast on the city’s cable television station (cable channel 3) Tuesday at 10 am and Wednesday at 7 pm.
City Council Office: The City Council’s office is located on the fourth floor of City Hall at 2000 Main Street, Huntington Beach, CA 92648. The City Council’s Administrative Assistant can be reached at 714-536-5553, the fax number is 714-536-5233.
In addition, please contact the City Council members and urge them to draft a resolution similar to Laguna Beach. Also, share any other information about San Onofre that you find compelling.
- Connie Boardman: email@example.com
- Joe Shaw: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mathew Harper: email@example.com
- Devin Dwyer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don Hansen: email@example.com
- Keith Bohr: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joe Carchio: email@example.com
- Email communication to the council members should also include a copy to City Council Administrative Assistant, Cathy Fikes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recommend the Commissioners:
- Urge the Nuclear Regulator Commission to not allow restart of San Onofre until and unless Southern California Edison completes a license amendment process with a public, transparent hearing to determine the safety of the restart plan.
- Urge the California Public Utilities Commission to:
- Expedite the OII [Order of Investigation] regarding the financial status and viability of San Onofre to protect the ratepayers; and
- Not hold ratepayers responsible for errors which led to faulty replacement steam generators being installed, outage expenses, and the need for repair expenses; and
- Provide additional incentives and programs to support the rapid installation of new power generation, power savings, and grid stabilizing technologies; and
- Prioritize efficiency and renewable energy resources whenever possible.