The Vista City Council sent a letter to Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) Chairman Allison Macfarlane requesting the Commission:
- Support the efforts of Senators Boxer and Feinstein to advocate that the NRC modify its relicensing policies to ensure a full re-examination of the basics of the design elements including seismic and tsunami standards, operational issues, plant security, and emergency preparedness.
- Support the Senators’ call for the NRC to implement the short-term recommendations of the NRC 90 Day Task Force Report as soon as possible and develop a feasible more immediate plan for implementing their longer term recommendations, including expanding the evacuation zone from a 10-mile radius to a 50-mile radius.
See 11/12/2012 Vista letter to NRC Chairman Macfarlane.
Vista City Council Meetings
Regular City Council meetings are held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m.Location: Civic Center Council Chambers, second floor Civic Center, 200 Civic Center Drive, Vista, CA 92084
Meetings are broadcast on the Friday after each meeting at 5 p.m. on Cox Communications Channel 19, Time Warner Cable Channel 24, and AT&T U-verse Channel 99. Online video broadcasts of Regular Meetings are posted by noon the day following the meeting.
Vista Emergency Response Team Training Material
Vista’s Training Manual section on Nuclear Power Plant Emergencies contains this misleading information:
- Most radioactivity loses its strength fairly quickly.
- In some cases, the walls in your home would be sufficient shielding to protect you.
Vista’s training material was provided by FEMA’s Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
For more accurate information go to
- Emergency Resources
- Health Risks
- Fukushima: Learn about the on-going nuclear disaster in Japan after the 3/11/2011 Fukushima Daiichi nuclear meltdown, where communities have been permanently evacuated and the government is attempting to move people back to areas still contaminated with toxic radiation.