The Del Mar City Council unanimously passed Resolution 2012-57 regarding San Onofre to:
- Urge the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission to require that Edison undergo a public, transparent license amendment hearing regarding the replacement steam generators, before the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station is allowed to restart; and
- Strongly support the California Public Utilities Commission in:
- expeditiously initiating and completing an Order Instituting Investigation regarding the costs and reliability of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, and
- comparing the reliability and costs of the San Onofre facility to a future based on alternatives, including efficiency, load management, demand response, renewable energy, and energy storage.
See signed copy of Del Mar Resolution 2012-57 regarding San Onofre.
——————————————————————————————-City Of Del Mar 1050 Camino del Mar, Del Mar, CA 92014 858-755-9313 email@example.com
September 24, 2012 6:00 p.m. Del Mar City Council meeting.
SAN ONOFRE NUCLEAR GENERATING STATION (SONGS) FOLLOW-UP, INCLUDING PRESENTATION REGARDING SONGS’ STEAM GENERATORS, AND STORAGE AND SAFETY. Recommended Action for City Council:
- Receive presentation from Daniel 0. Hirsch, Lecturer on Nuclear Policy at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and President of Committee to Bridge the Gap
- Receive presentation from Southern California Edison representing the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station
- Receive public input
- Determine whether to take a position regarding the restart of the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Reactors and/or adopt the proposed resolution expressing the City’s position.